Shake things up, blast out the cork, and let your ideas flow. Let them be messy, let them get all over the place, let them fly and land where they will.
“While linear thinking goes from A to B to C to D, non-linear thinking, or creative thinking, goes from Q to Venus to Peacock by way of glitter and winds up on your front doorstep at midnight with a bottle of champagne.” ~ Jill Allison Bryan
What’s your best inspiration?
What idea came to you recently? What are you doing with it? Tell us in the comments below.
Here are a few things I do to boost my creativity:
- Fresh flowers – the colors and scents freshen and brighten my spirits and the flowers themselves cheer me on
- Spritz essential oil spray – it clears away grody energy and pulls in beautiful energy
- Take a walk outside – the exercise is good, it pumps blood and oxygen all around which is good for your brain and your whole body, as well as clearing your spiritual energy. Use it as meditation, too, and allow guidance to flow to you.
- Shower or bathe – I love the water, and splashing around in it is fun, relaxing, and is where/when I get some of the very best ideas. I often wish I had a waterproof computer so that I could get down the great ideas right there and then instead of getting water all over everything rushing down the hall.
- Picnic – yup, you knew I’d work food into this somehow! Doing something different, anything different, from your usual routine will open you for the flow of creativity. Creating a special meal which is packaged differently builds in layers of self-care and fun.