Ever wish you had someone to give you guidance, offer suggestions, help you navigate a tricky, uncomfortable, rocky path?
You do! S/he’s always with you, always positive, consistently has your best interests at heart, and will get you through anything — all you have to do is ask and listen.
Guess who?! It’s part of you! Your intuition!
When you’re looking for guidance, feeling unsure, ask your inner self. It’s always right, and although doing what’s right isn’t always easy, your intuition will give you the best solution available. It knows how your actions will affect future situations with knowing that isn’t consciously available.
Here are some tips for working with your intuition:
- When something pops into your head, pay attention. It may seem frivolous or optional, but it’s advice coming from your intuition. Applying the advice most definitely is optional. Some people refer to this as “free will.” You don’t have to do it, but it’s a good idea. My grandmother likes the old saying “You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.” My advice: take a little sip, or imagine doing so, and see what the results feel like.
- If you’re feeling stuck, try to sit quietly and let ideas roll to you and/or well up from inside. Getting nothing? Try pretending you’re someone you admire; what would they do?
- Not sure if something feels right? Then it most likely isn’t. Whether it’s an issue of safety or ethics or living room design, go with your gut.
- Inspired? Awesome! Feel ahead with the ideas, pretending they are in place and working; how does everything feel and look? How do the ideas affect people and things around? If not so good, then adjust game plan. If good, then you’re golden —
- Most important: capitalize on the ideas and take action!