Essential Oils are a beautiful way to work naturally with your body, emotions & spirit
They can help you to heal in ways that are more gentle and effective than drugs.
They are extracted from plant flowers, bark, leaves, roots, and fruit.
Careful steaming or cold-pressing captures the compounds that produce fragrance. One bottle of essential oil may require several pounds of a plant.
You want to make sure you’re getting only pure, organic essential oils, not chemically-processed and not diluted with cheap carrier oil.
Their job is to heal you.
Each has a signature job and scent, but they usually help with multiple issues, because everything is interconnected.
What is a good carrier oil?
- sweet almond
Your Medicine Cabinet
- Peppermint: boost energy, aid digestion
- Lavender: relieve stress, help sleep, kill bacteria on the skin
- Sandalwood: calm nerves, boost focus
- Bergamot: reduce stress, improve skin conditions like eczema
- Rose: improve mood, reduce anxiety
- Chamomile: improve mood and relaxation
- Ylang-Ylang: headaches, nausea, and skin conditions
- Tea Tree: fight skin infections and boost immunity
- Jasmine: depression, childbirth, and libido
- Lemon: aid digestion, mood, headaches
- Frankincense: relaxation, reducing inflammation
- Sweet Orange: room deodorizer, lovely in soap
- Citronella: bug repellant, uplifting
- Lemongrass: bug repellant, positive outlook, combat nervousness, eliminate mental fatigue, refreshing
- Geranium: tick repellant, comforting
- Eucalyptus: nasal congestion, tick repellant
- Aromatherapy jewelry: Necklaces, bracelets, keychains made with absorbent materials you apply essential oils to and sniff throughout the day.
- Body oil: Blend essential oils with a carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Carrier oil: jojoba, olive, sweet almond, coconut
- Diffuser Sticks: stick into “oil vase” to pull scent into room
- Soap: made with goat’s milk or coconut oil and blended with essential oils