Donate to cancer research, cure and prevention by purchasing daffodils and related gifts through The American Cancer Society. Daffodils are The ACS’s symbol of hope, the first flower of the spring to bloom. You can also order pretty floral arrangements through Teleflora, and 20 percent will go to The American Cancer Society.
This post is dedicated to ER and the many women and men who are dealing with, surviving and conquering breast cancer. This post is also in memory of my friend’s mother who has passed on. She chose not to address her symptoms or to fight. It’s an option we all have, and it is just as valid as any other. Just be conscious of your choices and wise about your actions.
Here are some resources for information, fundraising, and support:
- The Susan G. Komen Foundation For a Cure
the world’s largest and most progressive grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists.
- Amy Hughes is walking in this year’s Breast Cancer 3-Day. Please sponsor her and help cure cancer. Know of someone else, including yourself if you want, who is also raising money for cancer research and cure? Put a link in a comment to this post. Want to get involved? Register at www.the3day.org or call 800-996-3DAY to walk the Breast Cancer 3-Day in a city near you.
Medical information about breast cancer grounded in a holistic approach.
Metaphysically-speaking, illnesses can be a great opportunity:
- to shake out of our lives that which no longer works
- to examine our priorities
- to put at the forefront that which is most important to us
- to let people know we love them, including ourselves
- to mend rifts
- to cut ties
- to not put up with anything that drains or drags down our spirit
- to give our selves permission to be our real selves
- to draw in that which brings us joy and exuberance
- to make new friends who embody our values and buoy our spirits
Remember, many lumps are normal healthy breast tissue! If you find one or some, think healthy and positive and give your doctor a call.
Complementary medicine offers us Reiki, a form of energy healing, which has been proven to help heal, reduce pain, improve surgical outcome, reduce healing time post-surgery, and helps to reduce stress and improve energy.
And a little humor to top things off 😉 courtesy of Save The Ta Tas.com:
- save the ta tas!
- I support ta tas
- caught you looking at my ta tas
- ta tas unite!